PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Sunday, October 12, 2008

You Can't Send a Duck to Eagle School

If you know me well, then you have heard me say this numerous times:
YOU CAN'T SEND A DUCK TO EAGLE SCHOOL
It is my favorite analogy of customer service.

What it means is that you can't teach someone to want to serve; you can't teach people to smile; you can't teach personality...but you can hire people who have these qualities and teach them about your product or company.
If your companies mission is to climb trees, which would you rather do: Hire a squirrel or train a horse?
Attitude isn't everything, but it's pretty dare close.
You wonder why I am writing this tonight?? It all has to do with the lack of service and rude staff in the hotel, where we are staying tonight. I feel if they can't try to accommodate people staying here, then they shouldn't be in business. Your staff represents your entire company and in my opinion they need to take that responsibility seriously.
I'm just venting here, but I do believe if someone from the corporate office payed a visit to this place, there would be quite a few desk clerks looking for a new job.
No pictures tonight because this has been a very hard day, but I am looking forward to a wonderful day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Delores said...

Is today starting better?? Asking Pappa God for special moments for all of you today that have His loving fingerprints all over them!! Delores :o)