PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chicago one of my favorite cities!




Christmas time already!


Haylie and the mighty Dragon




The Ladies of Macy's past




Check out my new teeth


Look at our new stockings!

Good Morning Chicago!! The bus parked right on State St. next to the venue, this morning. We got ready as fast as we could so we wouldn't waste a moment exploring some of the wonderful places that I love here in Chicago. The last time I was here was during 9-11-2001, and I had no idea when Ash and I would be able to get back home.
Haylie and I bundled the babies from the frigid cold and headed up State St. We stopped at the 9 floor Macy's and stayed until it closed tonight! We were only able to see a few floors because of the enormous size of this store. Macy's isn't the Macy's we have at home, it's the Macy's talked about in movies and how stores used to be.
The entire Christmas floor was ready and the babies took the whole thing in, as best they could at their ages. It was GORGEOUS and hearing Bing Crosby's White Christmas certainly had me feeling like Santa was about to come flying down the chimney.
Haylie bought stocking and stocking holders and Christmas clothes for the beans. The store just wasn't open long enough!
The show is going on right now and Jon is playing more songs tonight than usual. I listened to part of the show, but I got cold and decided to walk the block and a half back to the bus and work on my blog.
I loved being in Michigan, but I was so sorry it was so short and I missed seeing two of my dearest friends, Kathy and Kim. Please forgive me for not being able to reach you while I was there.

1 comment:

My name is Erin. said...

Chicago is a fabulous city!!! Glad you enjoyed Michigan. Too bad you weren't able to spend a little more time, but such is life on the road, huh. :)