PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Saturday, October 25, 2008

Michigan our beautiful homeland!

Michigan Our Beautiful Homeland!


We Made It To The Famous Franklin Cidar Mill Two Blocks From Our Old House

Saylor Takes Her First Bite Of The Fabulous Apple Donut!!


Dennis, Saylor, Haylie and Raimy


Isn't This Place Gorgeous?!!





Raimy Takes His First Bite Of The Fabulous Apple Donut!



Our Old Home



We stopped by our old house on Wellington...I love Franklin Village!





I woke up in the bus in Detroit, and headed for the hotel. It's funny to see the array of hotels we end up having along the road. The hotel was gorgeous and the manager told me I was in the largest room in the hotel...the Presidential Suite. I figured that must be a mistake, but at my age I have decided if a gift is offered I'm all over it. I got to the 10th floor and saw the double doors of my suite. When I opened the door to the forty plus foot living room and 10' conference table I was wishing Leilani, Karen, Tammy and Thom were here and we would be having a huge investor meeting.

When Haylie came in we decided to rent a car and head to Bloomfield Hills. That turned into quite an ordeal when the nearest SUV was at the Detroit Airport, which was some distance away. She took a taxi and securing the car took over an hour.
Once the car seats were loaded we headed for The cider mill in Franklin. How wonderful to share Haylie's childhood favorite with her babies. We bought the fresh cider and the most amazing donuts in the world. I took pictures of the babies first bites. It's funny because of all the fancy donuts I have had in my life nothing holds up to the the fabulous little donuts in the Village of Franklin.
We drove around the corner from the the cider mill to the place where the children grew up. It made Haylie decide that she wanted to have a home in Franklin again, not all the time but for a vacation home.

We then drove to my brother and sister-in-laws house for dinner. If was so much fun and brought back so many wonderful memories of our days on MI.

Now I am waiting in the hotel for Sue and David Smith to arrive for Toledo. They have been my friends for many years and I can't wait to see them again! They will be going to the concert tonight, but I will probably sit this one out. I am also waiting for Scotty Weller and I have no idea where he is today. Scotty call me if you read this! LOL

2 comments:

Delores said...

What a treat to get to be "home", to revisit your roots during such a beautiful time of year!! So happy for you!

Jenny said...

There's no place like home... :)
So much green! Especially for October!
It's amazing how donuts seem pretty straight forward, a donut is a donut, right? Not so! There are certain donuts out there that are...on a whole 'nother level!