PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Town's shut down, but there will be music!

The Town's Shut Down, But There Will Be Music!


The Official Jimi Hendrix/ Gibson Guitar
Bus






A water slide in the parking lot!





The first show is nearing the end, to a sold-out crowd. The venue is amazing and there isn't a bad seat in the place. They have hundreds of assigned seats, but they also let you stand which, I think is a great thing. So many venues are so strict about keeping the walkways clear. If you happen to stop, you'd think you were out on a basketball court and you were receiving a penalty.
This is the first show of the tour and you would be surprised at the small amount of time each musician is given to rehearse. It just shows that these musicians are the :
"real deal", and not like so many performers that are out there today. You have to be good to have less than an hour to rehearse before a show of this caliber!
Eric Johnson played before Jonny and he is a ridiculous guitar player!!
Jonny came out next with: Fire, Wind Cries Mary and Spanish Castle Magic. The crowd was screaming and on their feet for his entrance...he's my favorite as well, in case you don't already know that! LOL
Kenny Wayne Shepard came out after Jonny and he was fabulous.
I had to miss the rest of the show because I wanted to come out to the bus and watch what was left of the debates. I do find it hard to listen to the debates and write this blog, so I guess I should end right now.
We are all so excited because our dear friend Kendra Dew and her husband of two years are driving from Vermont tomorrow to meet us in Albany, NY. We haven't seen her is so many years and we have never met her almost new husband. She is also bringing her camera to do a special photo shot on the babies!!!
Back again tomorrow.

No comments: