PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Monday, October 20, 2008

Read the Signs!

READ THE SIGN'S!

Brad Whitford (Aerosmith)
Hubert Sumlin (He was Jimi Hendrix's early influence)
and Jonny at the Providence, RI Show



From the side stage at Providence, RI


I love this old window


Local building


From the bus


I just realised it's very important to read the little notes that hotels seem to clutter around the room. They bother me because I hate messes and I usually gather them up, and put them away when I am setting up my room.
My point here is that Haylie came in my room and saw my used towels on the floor, under the vanity area. She asked if I had read my note regarding towels? Of course I hadn't read the note, and I was shocked to find out what the note said:
If you want clean towels replaced, make sure all you dirty towels are placed in the BATHTUB.
All others will be folded and put back on the racks.
*Trust me I will always read the signs before I put them away!

Other than the towel adventure, I am wonderful and having a great time, yet I am homesick. I miss Ashley and Otis and Home. I miss my dear friends, I miss church I miss The Stand on Monday nights and I miss my DVR. I miss many things, so that is just a small list.
I am in Waterbury, CT tonight and leaving tomorrow morning for NY. As you might have guessed Buses are not welcome anywhere in NYC, nor at the hotel. The plan is that we have to have everything ready to go out the door the minute the bus pulls in front of the hotel. It's like a fire drill, Jon jumps out and opens the bay under the bus and pulls out the stroller. We load the stroller, pass down the babies, grab our own stuff and the bus pulls out. That may not sound like much work, but trust me it is!!

I did laundry yesterday here at the hotel. I have never done laundry at a hotel and I don't think it ever crossed my mind that hotels had laundry facilities. I met Hector, a pastry chef from West Texas, in the laundry mat...we plan to share recipes.

Today there was no show, so we decided to go to the mall. It's funny that most malls look the same, so it kind of makes you feel like you are home when you step into one. Today I walked in the Brass Creek Mall and it looked just like Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks with the stores rearranged, and a lower floor, which we don't have at our mall.
I am so excited because we are going to be seeing some very dear friends in NY. tomorrow night at the show. Tammy and Angela are in NY for Ang's birthday. Also Haylie's best friend from elementary school, Jennifer. It will be so wonderful to see everyone!

No comments: