PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do Jeans Make the Woman?






Do jeans make a difference??
I decided for the tour that I wanted to wear jeans...something I never really wear. I went through my old jeans and found they just weren't right for a rock and roll tour of this caliber. I decided to go to Lucky Brand and a few of the places that Ashley shops and I found two things...jeans are pricey and even though they are still denim, they have really changed.
I found the Lucky "Lola's" and they were great. I can wear them long with boots, or roll them up and wear heels. I then went to Macy's and found a brand called NYDJ which means..."Not Your Daughter's Jeans".
I found my usual size and the sales girl came by and informed me that I should go down a size. I thought, how nice of her to notice that I had lost weight. I tried them on and wow the smaller size fit! I was so excited I decided to go down another size...same thing... it fit which meant I was in a single digit size! I was doing so well, I decided to go even smaller and see if I could get the next smaller size on my body. I managed, comfortably I might add, to get into a 6! LOL I stopped at the 6 because I used to be a 6 and I like that number. That actually would be my prefect size in the real world. I may not be smaller, but I am wearing a size 6 jean!! HOLLA!!!
I bought two more pairs to make sure that the pair I was wearing wasn't mis-marked, by some deranged seamstress in a jean factory.
Anyway tonight for the big show I pulled out my size 6 jeans in black...I walked around in the dinner area and said to hello to EVERYONE, I felt good, could it be because I knew I was wearing a size 6!? I felt like I had a great secret that I wanted to share with everyone, but I kept my mouth shut.
On my way out of the venue I stopped by the Gibson bus, and I saw the adorable Hubert Sumlin and got my picture taken with him and BB King's guitar...it was a good night!


I went back to the bus to get ready for the all night drive, and as I took off my jeans I saw two large adhesive labels stuck to my thighs. I don't know how in the world I missed these large stickers when I put on the jeans.

One said: NYDJ recommends washing this jean before wearing with soap and water to remove any possible excess dye. I didn't see any dye, so I was good to go. Anyway I wanted to wear a brand new pair of jeans, not a pre-washed pair.

The other label attached to my skin said: NYDJ cannot be held responsible for any positive consequence that may arise due to your fabulous appearance when wearing NYDJ.
You can thank me later.

So, I'm here in the bus, on our way to Denver, wondering if my good time had anything to do with my NYDJ's or was it just me! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nancy,
You are a good writer! You painted a great 'pair of jeans'...uh..I mean picture of your'jean' adventure.
Thanks for giving me access to the blog!
Have a great weekend.

Tom
(Buena High School Class of 1970)