PLEASE READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP! Sept. 2008



This blog is about my adventures on the road with my daughter Haylie, and son-in-law, Jonny Lang.



I have moved "My Everyday Life"



to a new location:



http://www.nancyseverydaylife.blogspot.com/



Hope you continue to follow my stories.



* If you are new here, please scroll down to the last story on this page, which should be around Oct. 15th. At the end of the story you will be a place to hit called "older posts", which will take you to the beginning of the tour in Sept. I know it's a pain, but please read from there.



Monday, November 10, 2008

All Good Things Must Come To An End

All Good Things Must Come To An End


Me with Peach taken by Kendra Dew in Albany NY


Well, my tour is coming to an end and the Greek theater in Los Angeles, will be the last leg of my journey. It has been fun, it has been hard, it has been tiring, but it has been priceless and I will never forget this wonderful time spent with my family. I have met new friends and heard some amazing music. I feel so blessed that I have children that would invite their Mom along, in a tour bus, for over a month.
I have learned that so many of the gorgeous old theaters across the country are called The Orpheum, The Paramount or The Palace. I don't think they are owned by the same companies, but that must have been a very popular name back in the 20's-40's, when a lot of these theaters were built.
I have mastered the art of getting into my high bunk, in a moving bus. This was quite a feat for me, but I feel I have better core muscles because of it. I have mastered the kitchen at a speed of about 70mph, and I can make some great mac and cheese.
I have found that most public restrooms outside of California and New York, do not have seat covers in the bathrooms. I have found the smaller the space you live in, the more you have to clean to keep things tidy.
I found I could sleep in a small buck filled with stacks of books, many articles of clothing, shoes, boots, makeup and various bags of things I purchased along the way...so why is it that I hardly have enough room in my queen sized bed at home??
I have found that all venues seem to have an enormous amount of Red Bull, in their dressing rooms.
I have found I can't make myself like Red Bull, no matter how hard I have tried. It's such a cool drink and I would love to say, Hey, I'll have a Red Bull...but then why would I want to get hooked on a $3.00 can of cool???
I have always heard, "be careful who you hang out with because you always turn out like those friends", but I have been hanging out with so many amazingly talented musicians, and none of their talent has rubbed off on me.
I'm going to miss exploring a new city or town each day. I'll miss the freedom of being away from home and work. But most of all, I am going to miss being with my precious Raimy and Saylor everyday... especially when they would wake me up from across the hall, every morning at about 7.

No comments: